If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (405) 292-0808

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Count On SERVPRO To Remediate Mold Damage In Noble

11/21/2016 (Permalink)

Mold growth can cause permanent damage to building structures, fixtures, furnishings and other personal belongings.

Mold Infestation

Homeowners who notice discolored areas of ceilings or walls along with a musty, unpleasant smell may have a mold infestation to manage. Mold growth can pose hazards to health and risk permanent damage to building structures, fixtures, furnishings and other personal belongings. Controlling a mold infestation is not easily done without the assistance of professional mold remediation specialists from SERVPRO. Our mold remediation technicians receive training in Applied Microbial Remediation from the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). A comprehensive course in Applied Microbial Remediation teaches how to manage and control mold growth while preserving the health of you, your family and the technicians. If you attempt to clean up or remove mold on your own, you risk spreading the spores to other areas of your home and exposing people to the microscopic particles via breathing, touching or swallowing them.

An inadequate remediation may mean the fungal growth you believe was gone reappears. The best outcome for mold damage in Noble is if you contact us for a thorough inspection and EPA approved treatment of the affected areas. We are trained to discover the sources of moisture and organic materials that feed the spores and then to develop a plan to remove any contaminated material, dispose of it correctly and thoroughly dry the affected area to prevent recurrence or spread. Because mold spores are so tiny and easily sent airborne, it is essential that certified personnel operate any air moving or heating equipment. If it is determined that an antimicrobial product is indicated, our experienced technicians will apply it safely and according to industry protocols.

Mold growth can be evident, streaking the walls or ceilings of your home or discoloring the grout in a bathroom or kitchen. Other times it can hide behind wallpaper, within drywall and permeate insulation. Depending on the strain of mold infesting your home it may grow best when exposed to typical room temperatures of 68 to 86 degrees, but some types of mold thrive in colder or warmer temperatures. Mold does not necessarily need soggy or saturated conditions and some tough to control varieties grow and multiply based simply upon humidity levels of 60 percent or higher. SERVPRO has the knowledge and the experience to evaluate the parameters of the specific mold damage in your home and will devise the proper protocol to bring your infestation under control.

You need an experienced partner in remediation if mold has infiltrated your home. SERVPRO of Norman has the personnel and the tools required to respond quickly and efficiently. Schedule an inspection at (405) 292-0808.

Other News

View Recent Posts