How to Keep your carpets cleaner between professional cleanings
Your Carpets should be cleaned a minium of once a year, but while you are waiting for your next cleaning here are some tips on keeping your carpet new looking and in great condition.
- Vacuum Often: Frequent vacuuming of at least twice wekly will keep soil from building up.
- Vacuum slowly: Make one slow pass ove low traffic areas. Make two slow passes over high traffic areas.
- Clean Stains right away: If the stain is allowed to set in the harder it is to remove.
- Straight away on stain cleaning: If the stain is allowed to set in, it is harder and more costly to remove.
- No harsh chemicals: Try a white/vinegar (equal amounts) solution instead of the harsher chemicals which can damage the carpet fibers.
- Treat your vacuum nice: Keep up with filter cleanings and replacements. It is easier to get the dirt up if your vacuum is not being overworked.
- Wipe yours paws: When your beloved pet is ready to come back in from playing, wipe their paws as to not bring in what they were paying in.
- No shoes allowed: Make a place to take off shoes by the entrance ways.
- Use area rugs and runners: In high traffic areas, use rugs to save your carpet.
- Just say not to carpet powders: These may make the house smell great, but they can leave a residue behind that you are unable to pick up with your vacuum.
- When in doubt ask: If you hae a pesky stain that you just cannot get rid of, call SERVPRO and one of our wonderful technicians would be more than glad to assist you.