Fire, Water, and Mold! Oh my!
A fire had started in this bathroom and caused a lot of smoke damage. The firefighters showed up and put out the fire. The first damage the home had was the fire.
Firefighters use a lot of water to put out a fire. Everything was soaking wet when the technicians of SERVPRO or Norman showed up two days after the fire had started. We were asked to remove the water and start the cleaning process.
Because the insurance and homeowner waited two days to get with us there was ample time for the mold to start spotting the drywall that was wet. Some of the smudged spots are soot but others were definitely mold. In either case, we needed to tear out the wet and moldy materials.